Stable water conditions are the holy grail for every aquarium owner. The more consistent your water parameters are, the better your corals will grow and the more your fish will thrive.
Every aquarium will find its natural balance point for every parameter, but these values will help you set that balance in the correct ranges.
Below are the typical values you should be aiming for in your saltwater aquarium:
- Temperature: 78 – 80°F or 25 – 27°C
- Specific Gravity (Salinity): 1.023 – 1.025
- Ph: 8.1 – 8.4
- Ammonia: 0ppm
- Nitrite: 0ppm
- Nitrate: <15ppm
- Alkalinity: 8 – 12 dkh
- Calcium: 350 – 450ppm
- Magnesium: 1250 – 1350ppm
- Phosphate: <0.03ppm for SPS Corals
- Phosphate: <0.05ppm for LPS, Zoas & Soft Corals
- Phosphate: <0.2ppm for Fish Only
If you found this useful please Share It!